Collected by Katie
Odesa, Odessa Oblast, Ukraine, 65000
Designed by Swiss-Italian architect Francesco Boffo as a grand entryway to the city, this legendary staircase once led directly to the sea. The stairs were the site of a 1905 battle between mutinous sailors and forces loyal to Czar Nicholas II;...
Pushkins'ka St, 15, Odesa, Odes'ka oblast, Ukraine, 65000
Located in the former apartment of celebrated Russian writer Aleksandr Pushkin, this museum pays tribute to his 13-month stay in Odesa, where he fled after being exiled from Moscow in 1823. The museum has a selection of paintings as well as...
Hvardiis'ka St, 2, Odesa, Odes'ka oblast, Ukraine, 65000
This stunning, skylighted shopping arcade on Deribasivska Street in the city center dates back to the late 19th century and is connected to the four-story Passage Hotel. The interior storefronts and exterior structure of the building are decorated...
Volodymyrska St, 24, Kyiv, Ukraine, 01001
At the Bell Tower of St Sophia's Cathedral, I could see St Michael's Golden-Domed Monastery on the other side. With glittering golden domes as far as the eyes can see, both the cathedral and monastery dominated the view in this Podil neighborhood...
Nizhyns'ka St, 66, Odesa, Odes'ka oblast, Ukraine, 65000
The Museum of the History of Odesa Jews, opened in 2002 by the city's active Jewish community, uses photographs, newspapers, books and religious garments to document the history and culture of Odesa’s Jews, once the world’s third-largest Jewish...
- 1 Natural Wonders There Are Two Meteor Showers This Month. Here’s How to Watch Them.
- 2 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 3 Air Travel New Aviation Bill Could Mean Even Smaller Airplane Seats
- 4 Travel News Spain Just Named This Small Town Its Most Beautiful Village
- 5 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now