UK & Whales
Collected by Jennifer Kumin
Llanrwst LL26 0PN, UK
Entering through the massive castle gate into the courtyard, we were first greeted by a large peacock with brilliant blue and green feathers. After ringing the bell, Judy, one of the owners, suddenly emerged from a stunning wooden door. After...
Castle Ditch, Caernarfon LL55 2AY, UK
Yes, the gorgeous country of Wales is said to be the capital of castles. It has about 400 castles, of which over 100 are still standing in impressive fashion. When you grow up in a place like Texas with a Welsh girl's name, you suddenly find...
Bakewell DE45 1PP, UK
Chatsworth House is one of the largest and grandest country piles in Britain. It's also the former home of Debo Mitford, now Dowager Duchess of Devonshire. And while you'll need a personal invite from the current Duke (her son) to stay at the...
Highclere Park, Highclere, Newbury RG20 9RN, UK
Channel your inner Downton Abbey-ness and head to Highclere Castle in Newbury. An hour train ride from central London plus a short cab ride brings you to the mile-long, tree lined driveway of "Downton Abbey." As you round the final corner of the...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 3 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 4 Museums + Galleries Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna
- 5 Bars + Nightlife The Best Rooftop Bars in Los Angeles