UK & Whales
Collected by Jennifer Kumin
Llanrwst LL26 0PN, UK
Entering through the massive castle gate into the courtyard, we were first greeted by a large peacock with brilliant blue and green feathers. After ringing the bell, Judy, one of the owners, suddenly emerged from a stunning wooden door. After...
Castle Ditch, Caernarfon LL55 2AY, UK
Yes, the gorgeous country of Wales is said to be the capital of castles. It has about 400 castles, of which over 100 are still standing in impressive fashion. When you grow up in a place like Texas with a Welsh girl's name, you suddenly find...
Bakewell DE45 1PP, UK
Chatsworth House is one of the largest and grandest country piles in Britain. It's also the former home of Debo Mitford, now Dowager Duchess of Devonshire. And while you'll need a personal invite from the current Duke (her son) to stay at the...
Highclere Park, Highclere, Newbury RG20 9RN, UK
Channel your inner Downton Abbey-ness and head to Highclere Castle in Newbury. An hour train ride from central London plus a short cab ride brings you to the mile-long, tree lined driveway of "Downton Abbey." As you round the final corner of the...
- 1 Expat Life 11 Best Islands to Move to After Retiring
- 2 Air Travel Another U.S. Airport Now Allows Non-Ticketed Visitors Through Security
- 3 Travel News Why You Should Go to New York City This Winter
- 4 Holiday Travel 15 Go-to Pieces of Travel Gear to Gift This Holiday Season
- 5 Where to Go in Winter 12 Great Beaches for Winter Sun