Collected by AFAR Traveler
Upper Colquhoun St, Helensburgh G84 9AJ, UK
Hill House is a short train ride, plus a short walk up a hill from Glasgow. It's one of architect Charles Rennie Macintosh's most famous buildings. A great day trip. Beautifully restored, with lovely gardens and views of the water. Stop at the...
730 Great Western Rd, Glasgow G12 0UE, UK
The Gaelic translation of Glasgow, Glaschu, literally means “dear green place”—an appropriate name for a city which boasts over 90 parks and gardens within its city boundaries. A fantastic example of this is the sprawling Botanic...
Tyneham, Wareham BH20 5DE, UK
In 1943 the villagers of Tyneham in Dorset were ordered to leave their homes so that top secret preparations for D Day could take place on the South Coast of England. Overnight the village emptied and people went to stay with family or be...
- 1 Air Travel Want a Free Volunteer Vacation? JetBlue Has Your Ticket
- 2 News and Openings 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 3 Travel News Greece Bans Anyone Over 220 Pounds From Riding Santorini’s Donkeys
- 4 Travel News New Zealand’s Most Beautiful Train Ride Is Reopening in December
- 5 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet