Collected by AFAR Traveler
Upper Colquhoun St, Helensburgh G84 9AJ, UK
Hill House is a short train ride, plus a short walk up a hill from Glasgow. It's one of architect Charles Rennie Macintosh's most famous buildings. A great day trip. Beautifully restored, with lovely gardens and views of the water. Stop at the...
730 Great Western Rd, Glasgow G12 0UE, UK
The botanics are located in the West End, and a lovely respite from the rain and gray skies. A number of glass houses. Step in for some warmth and color, stay as long as you like. When the weather is good, wander around the gardens outside. Free.
Tyneham, Wareham BH20 5QN, UK
In 1943 the villagers of Tyneham in Dorset were ordered to leave their homes so that top secret preparations for D Day could take place on the South Coast of England. Overnight the village emptied and people went to stay with family or be...
- 1 History + Culture Airbnb Wants to Pay for You to Live in This Italian Village for a Whole Summer
- 2 Air Travel The Best Time to Buy Airline Tickets
- 3 Natural Wonders A Rare Super Blood Wolf Moon Will Be Visible Over America This Weekend
- 4 Packing Tips How to Pack a Suitcase
- 5 Where to Go Next Where to Travel in 2019 According to Your Astrological Sign