Collected by malia
Athelhampton, Puddletown, Dorchester DT2, UK
If Athelhampton looks familiar it is probably because you have seen it before in a movie. This is the location for the ghost story, "The House at Green Knowe," starring Dame Maggie Smith. Athelhampton was built in 1485 by Sir William Martyn and is...
Bakewell DE45 1PP, UK
Chatsworth House is one of the largest and grandest country piles in Britain. It's also the former home of Debo Mitford, now Dowager Duchess of Devonshire. And while you'll need a personal invite from the current Duke (her son) to stay at the...
Blacknest Rd, Sunningdale, Ascot SL5 7SE, UK
A dream retreat for horse lovers, the 240-acre estate is 45 minutes from London and has an equestrian center and polo fields. Game of Thrones Keep an eye out for Prince Harry playing a match on the polo grounds. Competitions are held from April...
Chandler's Cross, Watford WD3 4TG, UK
Outside London in Hertfordshire, The Grove Hotel occupies a bucolic country estate originally built by the Earl of Clarendon in the 18th century. The historic mansion typifies English country charm with its carefully preserved exterior and...
- 1 Travel News This Winter Will Be Warmer Than Average in the United States, Experts Say
- 2 Art + Culture 9 Things That Are Surprisingly Offensive in Asia
- 3 Photography Tips The Key to Taking Jaw-Dropping Outdoor Travel Photos
- 4 Travel News You Can Pay to Attend a Traditional Wedding in India
- 5 Luxury Cruises A Titanic Replica Could Set Sail in 2022