Collected by malia
Athelhampton, Puddletown, Dorchester DT2, UK
If Athelhampton looks familiar it is probably because you have seen it before in a movie. This is the location for the ghost story, "The House at Green Knowe," starring Dame Maggie Smith. Athelhampton was built in 1485 by Sir William Martyn and is...
Bakewell DE45 1PP, UK
Chatsworth House is one of the largest and grandest country piles in Britain. It's also the former home of Debo Mitford, now Dowager Duchess of Devonshire. And while you'll need a personal invite from the current Duke (her son) to stay at the...
Blacknest Rd, Sunningdale, Ascot SL5 7SE, UK
A dream retreat for horse lovers, the 240-acre estate is 45 minutes from London and has an equestrian center and polo fields. Game of Thrones Keep an eye out for Prince Harry playing a match on the polo grounds. Competitions are held from April...
Chandler's Cross, Watford WD3 4TG, UK
Outside London in Hertfordshire, The Grove Hotel occupies a bucolic country estate originally built by the Earl of Clarendon in the 18th century. The historic mansion typifies English country charm with its carefully preserved exterior and...
- 1 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 2 Air Travel These North American Airports Rank Best (and Worst) in Passenger Satisfaction
- 3 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 4 History + Culture Europe’s Lesser-Visited UNESCO Sites Are Easier Than Ever to Explore
- 5 Travel News Several High-Speed Train Routes Are Coming to the United States