Collected by Kareem Yasin , AFAR Contributor
The best babi guling (suckling pig) in Ubud can be found at the no frills, open air Ibu Oka, Jalan Sueta / Tegal Sari No 2. Sit on the floor in front of a low table (you may have to share) and rip into a plate of tender pork served with rice and a...
Jl. Suweta No.74, Ubud, Kec. Ubud, Kabupaten Gianyar, Bali 80571, Indonesia
A local speciality using duck from the rice fields surrounding Ubud. Everything is edible including the bones! You'd think the duck would turn out dry and tough with being deep fried but what you get instead is crisp skin, still moist flesh and,...
Petulu, Ubud, Kecamatan Ubud, Kabupaten Gianyar, Bali 80571, Indonesia
Outside of Ubud in the still-quiet country, the father of a friend wades through a sea of green, taking care of his family's ricefields. He is the last of his line to work in the sawah, or rice paddies. His son has graduated college and works on a...
Jl. Sri Wedari No.5, Banjar Taman Kelod, Kec. Ubud, Kabupaten Gianyar, Bali 80561, Indonesia
My favorite coffee was the Kopi Susu, simply put "milk coffee"!! Served in a glass cup, Kopi Susu is often accompanied by Dadar Gulung and water. Dadar is coconut pancake rolls and the combination is delicious! Try Kopi Luwak as well - expensive...
- 1 Air Travel Another U.S. Airport Now Allows Non-Ticketed Visitors Through Security
- 2 Restaurants + Cafés This Bistro Was Just Voted the Best New Restaurant in the United States
- 3 Travel News Tour Guides Will Soon Be Restricted at Two Popular NYC Sites
- 4 Travel Tips Temples, Tipping, and Train Rides: A Guide to Japan for First-Timers
- 5 Where to Go in Spring 10 Best Places to Travel in May