Collected by Jon Sheer, AFAR Local Expert
Opulence meets heat in the steamy desert.
West Corniche Road - Abu Dhabi - United Arab Emirates
Some experienced travelers wouldn't consider a hotel a "sight," but the Emirates Palace is a full-blown spectacle. This luxurious spot, which is owned by the government, opened in 2006 to the cost of roughly $6 billion! You'll notice marble and...
- 1 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 2 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 3 Travel News 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 4 Travel News Greece Bans Anyone Over 220 Pounds From Riding Santorini’s Donkeys
- 5 Travel News New Zealand’s Most Beautiful Train Ride Is Reopening in December