Tuscany - SE
Collected by Christopher Rounick
Loc. Follonata, Saturnia, 58014 Manciano GR, Italy
The Maremma region of southern Tuscany, about an hour south of Siena, is an area of olive groves, wooded valleys, and ancient legends. One such tale, dating from the days of the Etruscans and Romans, chronicles an epic battle in which Jupiter...
Via Panoramica, 58019 Monte Argentario GR, Italy
Drive around the (sometimes scary) Via Panoramica on the Monte Argentario and you'll feel like you have the Italian Coast all to yourself. During a two hour drive around the tip, I passed two cars, local workmen. Some of the prettiest and isolated...
01010 Farnese, VT, Italy
This tiny medieval village, counting not even 1700 inhabitants, is beautifully perched on a tuffaceous cliff in the northern part of Lazio. A calm place where to enjoy the excellent local cuisine and explore the neighboring natural reserve of the...
01022 Civita di Bagnoregio, VT, Italy
Civita is a charming totally medieval city just outside of Bagnoregio, Lazio, Italy. It only has a handful of permanent residents, hence the nickname the 'dying city'. You must climb a long (900') bridge to get to the city as it is only accessible...
del Borghetto, Strada Comunale, 53026 Pienza SI, Italy
For two weeks, I volunteered as a WWOOFer at Podere Il Casale where after a day in the gardens, milking goats, or serving cheese tastings to tourists, we all gathered for a staff meal. We ate simple, delicious food like chestnut linguini with...
- 1 Winter Sports This Winter Will Be Warmer Than Average in the United States, Experts Say
- 2 Art + Culture 9 Things That Are Surprisingly Offensive in Asia
- 3 Photography Tips The Key to Taking Jaw-Dropping Outdoor Travel Photos
- 4 Luxury Cruises A Titanic Replica Could Set Sail in 2022
- 5 Expedition Cruises Take This Quiz to Find Your Perfect Cruise Destination Sponsored by Crystal Yacht Expedition Cruises