Collected by Bianca van Heydoorn
53037 San Gimignano, Province of Siena, Italy
The walled hilltop town of San Gimignano was my favorite in all of Tuscany. Beautiful medieval architecture, tall towers, and a stunning view of the Tuscan landscape surrounding the town make San Gimignano a not-to-be-missed stop on any trip...
Via Piandornella, 15, 53037 San Gimignano SI, Italy
Trademark towers signal your arrival in San Gimignano. A bowl of ribolita and glass of Vernaccia wine entice you to stay for a while.
Piazza del Duomo, 56126 Pisa PI, Italy
Pisa’s famous leaning tower (the campanile of the adjacent Duomo) is part of the Piazza del Duomo, a UNESCO World Heritage Site that also includes the Duomo, baptistery and cemetery. Begun in 1173, the tower began to lean almost immediately thanks...
- 1 Travel News This Tiny Country Is Europe’s Fastest Growing Destination
- 2 Expat Life 11 Best Islands to Move to After Retiring
- 3 Air Travel Another U.S. Airport Now Allows Non-Ticketed Visitors Through Security
- 4 Where to Go in Winter Why You Should Go to New York City This Winter
- 5 Where to Go in Winter 7 UNESCO World Heritage Sites You Need to Visit This Winter