Collected by Susan Teegardin
Silivri, Istanbul, Turkey
by Sylvia Kouvali The mosque here was built for an admiral who, they say, demanded that the architect Sinan build him ‘something like that,’ as he pointed across to the Aya Sofia. The complex also includes a newly renovated hammam where I take...
Balat Mahallesi, Mürselpaşa Cd. No:10, 34087 Fatih/İstanbul, Turkey
Gümüşsuyu Mahallesi, 34437 Beyoğlu/Istanbul, Turkey
Warm, fragrant, and filling, these borek are typical Turkish quick eats. They can be stuffed with either ground spiced meat (occasionally with black currents and/or pine nuts) or a cheese and parsley mix. They are enjoyed best fresh out of the...
Asmalı Mescit Mahallesi, Sofyalı Sk. No:18, 34430 Beyoğlu/İstanbul, Turkey
Piazza dell'Anfiteatro, 55100 Lucca LU, Italy
LOVE this shop in Lucca's Piazza Anfiteatro, created and run by four sisters who handcraft vibrant tableware, beauty products, a line of charming hand-printed cloth bags, and colorful paper products. The friendly staff and pretty displays make it...
- 1Travel NewsTSA Implements New Carry-On Rules for Powders
- 2Travel NewsThere’s a Huge Sale on the Most Scenic U.S. Train Routes Right Now
- 3Where to Go in SummerHow to Take the Houseboat Vacation of Your Dreams This Summer
- 4Festivals + EventsSweden’s Magical Midsommar Festival Is Straight out of a Fairy Tale
- 5Travel TipsHow to Plan the Perfect Group Trip (Without the Stress)