Collected by Merin Guthrie
Cobá, Q.R., Mexico
They jump. But I didn't know that when I was lying on the ramshackle dock with my face two feet from his nose. Just before you arrive at the ruins of Coba, a half hour into the jungle west of Tulum, there is a sprawling lake. Stop when you see the...
Calle Júpiter Sur, 77780 Tulum, Q.R., Mexico
This little open air restaurant packed full of locals serves the best and freshest fish in the area and they have reasonable prices! Sitting out front on plastic furniture in the gravel on the side of the road might not sound that appealing but...
KM 7, Carretera Tulum-Boca Paila, Zona Hotelera, 77780 Tulum, Q.R., Mexico
While the food in Mexico has always been relegated to delicious fare made from fresh ingredients found locally, the breakfasts I enjoyed daily were truly the highlight of my trip to Tulum. Chilaquiles, what I lovingly began referring to as...
Quintana Roo, Mexico
If you are staying anywhere near Tulum, Mexico, plan a visit to Sian Ka’an Reserve, a 1.5 million acre protected UNESCO World Heritage site. The company that runs the Reserve offers several different tours. We signed up for the canal tour. After...
Carretera Tulum Ruinas Km 5.3, 77780 Tulum, Q.R., Mexico
They lay claim to the Best Fish Tacos on Earth... and they mean IT! Delicious fried fish tacos done up Baja style with an incredibly good secret sauce and mango salsa. This place is on the north end of the Tulum beach and is a good pit stop when...
- 1 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 2 Air Travel These North American Airports Rank Best (and Worst) in Passenger Satisfaction
- 3 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 4 History + Culture Europe’s Lesser-Visited UNESCO Sites Are Easier Than Ever to Explore
- 5 Travel News Several High-Speed Train Routes Are Coming to the United States