Collected by Merin Guthrie
Cobá, Q.R., Mexico
They jump. But I didn't know that when I was lying on the ramshackle dock with my face two feet from his nose. Just before you arrive at the ruins of Coba, a half hour into the jungle west of Tulum, there is a sprawling lake. Stop when you see the...
Calle Júpiter Sur, 77780 Tulum, Q.R., Mexico
This little open air restaurant packed full of locals serves the best and freshest fish in the area and they have reasonable prices! Sitting out front on plastic furniture in the gravel on the side of the road might not sound that appealing but...
KM 7, Carretera Tulum-Boca Paila, Zona Hotelera, 77780 Tulum, Q.R., Mexico
While the food in Mexico has always been relegated to delicious fare made from fresh ingredients found locally, the breakfasts I enjoyed daily were truly the highlight of my trip to Tulum. Chilaquiles, what I lovingly began referring to as...
Quintana Roo, Mexico
If you are staying anywhere near Tulum, Mexico, plan a visit to Sian Ka’an Reserve, a 1.5 million acre protected UNESCO World Heritage site. The company that runs the Reserve offers several different tours. We signed up for the canal tour. After...
Carretera Tulum Ruinas Km 5.3, 77780 Tulum, Q.R., Mexico
They lay claim to the Best Fish Tacos on Earth... and they mean IT! Delicious fried fish tacos done up Baja style with an incredibly good secret sauce and mango salsa. This place is on the north end of the Tulum beach and is a good pit stop when...
- 1 Travel Tips The World’s Coolest Travel Jobs—and How to Get Them
- 2 Air Travel Emirates Has $799 Flights for Two This Valentine’s Day—but You’ll Have to Act Fast
- 3 National Parks 11 Crowd-Free National Parks You Should Visit Instead
- 4 Where to Go in Spring Places Where Your U.S. Dollar Will Go Far in Spring
- 5 Packing Tips How to Apply Marie Kondo’s Life-Changing Magic to Packing