Collected by Matt Gibson
My favorite form of ecotourism, especially when done over rain forests and jungles.
The thermal hot springs in Rincón de La Vieja at Rio Negro (Black River) may not be as well known as those in the Arenal area, but we had the pools and surrounding forest to ourselves. From where we stayed at the Hacienda Guachipelin Rincón de La...
Guanacaste Province, Bagaces, Costa Rica
While most people travel to Costa Rica for the jungle ziplining, waterfall rappelling, and famous surf beaches, traveling to rural villages like Bagaces in Guanacaste can have its own rustic charm. On the streets of Bagaces, you won't find any...
Provincia de Puntarenas, Monte Verde, Costa Rica
If you are in Costa Rica looking to do zip lining and have an adventurous spirit, I recommend the company Extremo Canopy in Monteverde. The adventure includes 11 platforms, 1 repel line, 1 Tarzan Swing, and a Superman line 1 KM in length. It costs...
Sky Trek Sky Tram Entrance, Alajuela Province, La Fortuna, 21007, Costa Rica
One of the more popular activities near the Arenal Volcano in central Costa Rica is the Sky Trek zipline and for good reason. Your adventure is a series of 8 ziplines with the highest being 700' above the ground and the longest ride being nearly...
- 1 Hiking + Cycling 6 Dream Hikes in the United States (and How to Score the Permits)
- 2 Travel for Good Here’s What You Need to Know About Getting Tickets to See “Hamilton” in Puerto Rico
- 3 Natural Wonders The Best Hot Springs in the United States
- 4 Gear The Best Luggage for 2019
- 5 Travel News Japan Implements New “Sayonara” Tax on Travelers