Trips to come - Ecuador
Collected by Gina Czupka , AFAR Local Expert
Cotopaxi Province, Ecuador
We spent the night up on Cotopaxi (19,300 ft.) and the next morning went for a short walk up the trail. We were greeted by these llamas who blocked our path back down to the lodge! There were friendly enough, but very curious. I would highly...
Tortillas de maiz con queso are the best little bites of Ecuadorian street food. These corn flour and cheese balls can be found in most parts of the country. Street vendors push a pinch of grated queso fresco (fresh cheese) into the middle of the...
The little city of Banos is situated on the side of volcano Tungurahua and has gorgeous waterfalls like this one, the Pailon del Diablo or Devil's Cauldron. To get up this high the trail first drops about 1000 feet into the valley and then climbs...
- 1 Air Travel How Much Do Masks Really Protect You on Flights?
- 2 Trains There’s Now a Direct High-Speed Train From Amsterdam to London
- 3 Tips + News Costa Rica Opens to All U.S. Travelers—No COVID Test or Quarantine Required
- 4 Tips + News When Will We Be Able to Travel to Europe?
- 5 Air Travel Which U.S. Airlines Are Still Blocking Middle Seats?