Trips Best Paddled
Collected by Becky Lunde
Milford Sound 9679, New Zealand
In mid-May I spent a day kayaking in the idyllic Milford Sound—my first day in New Zealand. The water was cool and clean and the fog gave the Sound a mysterious feel. Kayaking offered the opportunity to get up close with some playful fur seal...
Enjoying an Alpha Beer at Marmara beach near Loutro, Crete. We paddled from Loutro to this isolated taverna, accessible only boat or on the E4 trail (the 10,000 km trial that runs through Europe). After kayaking, we enjoyed refreshments and...
Red beach, 702 00, Greece
The guides of The Northwest Passage enjoy an ancient Minoan beauty ritual, then strike a pose for the camera! After a sublime morning of kayaking, the group convened at Red Beach, near Matala, Crete for a rest stop and a recharge! The Northwest...
- 1 Winter Sports This Winter Will Be Warmer Than Average in the United States, Experts Say
- 2 Art + Culture 9 Things That Are Surprisingly Offensive in Asia
- 3 Photography Tips The Key to Taking Jaw-Dropping Outdoor Travel Photos
- 4 Travel News You Can Pay to Attend a Traditional Wedding in India
- 5 Luxury Cruises A Titanic Replica Could Set Sail in 2022