Trips Best Paddled
Collected by Becky Lunde
Milford Sound 9679, New Zealand
In mid-May I spent a day kayaking in the idyllic Milford Sound—my first day in New Zealand. The water was cool and clean and the fog gave the Sound a mysterious feel. Kayaking offered the opportunity to get up close with some playful fur seal...
Enjoying an Alpha Beer at Marmara beach near Loutro, Crete. We paddled from Loutro to this isolated taverna, accessible only boat or on the E4 trail (the 10,000 km trial that runs through Europe). After kayaking, we enjoyed refreshments and...
Red beach, 702 00, Greece
The guides of The Northwest Passage enjoy an ancient Minoan beauty ritual, then strike a pose for the camera! After a sublime morning of kayaking, the group convened at Red Beach, near Matala, Crete for a rest stop and a recharge! The Northwest...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 3 Air Travel American Airlines Now Has Free Live TV on Domestic Flights—but There’s a Catch
- 4 Museums + Galleries Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna
- 5 Bars + Nightlife The Best Rooftop Bars in Los Angeles