Collected by Katy Lillich
Sri Aurobindo Marg, Laxmi Bai Nagar, New Delhi, Delhi 110023, India
Yes, Dilli Haat caters to tourists-- but locals go there too. It's a permanent space set up by Delhi Tourism that has rotating and permanent vendors from many different parts of India. That said, anytime we're looking for some souvenirs or...
Kaccha Bagh Area, Old Delhi, New Delhi, Delhi 110006, India
Chandni Chowk is one of the oldest markets in Old Delhi. Like so many other old city bazaars, it is filled alleyways lined with hundreds of little shops that are clustered into areas according to the items they sell. There is the fabric section,...
Gangalal Marg, Kathmandu 44600, Nepal
I have an uneasy relationship with street food in South Asia. I've had my share of unfortunate encounters in India, and Sri Lanka, and I didn't want to add Nepal to my list. But after wandering Durbar Square for a few hours, I found myself...
Lotus Temple Rd, Bahapur, Shambhu Dayal Bagh, Kalkaji, New Delhi, Delhi 110019, India
For serious architecture buffs, the Baha'i Temple in New Delhi is not to be missed. Popularly called "The Lotus Temple" because it looks like a blossoming lotus flower, the interior is a marvel of light and engineering. Be forewarned: getting in...
Kathmandu 44600, Nepal
Tourists call it the “Monkey Temple,” owing to the clans of rhesus macaque wandering through the grottos and recesses of this ancient shrine. The monkeys climb where they please, siblings squabble, parents scold and protect—a parallel simian...
- 1 History + Culture Airbnb Wants to Pay for You to Live in This Italian Village for a Whole Summer
- 2 Hiking + Cycling 6 Dream Hikes in the United States (and How to Score the Permits)
- 3 Where to Go Next Where to Travel in 2019 According to Your Astrological Sign
- 4 Travel News A Rare Super Blood Wolf Moon Will Be Visible Over America This Weekend
- 5 Travel for Good Here’s What You Need to Know About Getting Tickets to See “Hamilton” in Puerto Rico