Tribes I long to visit
Collected by Guy Needham
San Isidro, Sierra Bullones, Bohol, Philippines
The Eskaya are a small tribe of just a few thousand that live in the mountains of Bohol in the southern Philippines. They have a unique language that scholars have not been able to link to any other known language. They also have a very...
Kolombong/Bdc Industrial Estate, 88450 Kota Kinabalu, Sabah, Malaysia
Sabah | Borneo From behind the door we could hear a tribe of men yelling – something like a war cry. The gate swung open, about 10 headhunters eyed us as they walked by, spears in hand. They spoke in some tribal language and even got in our face...
Described by National Geographic as the 'Last Frontier', the Lower Omo Valley is one of the few remaining destinations globally, home to various tribes that to this day have preserved much of their traditional values. A visit to the region will...
The Mursi tribe of Ethiopia lives within the boundaries of Mago National Park in one of the most remote regions of the country. As is true with other Ethiopian tribes, the Mursi live difficult and often dangerous lives. But as I learned, they also...
- 1 Hiking + Cycling 6 Dream Hikes in the United States (and How to Score the Permits)
- 2 Travel for Good Here’s What You Need to Know About Getting Tickets to See “Hamilton” in Puerto Rico
- 3 Natural Wonders The Best Hot Springs in the United States
- 4 Gear The Best Luggage for 2019
- 5 Where to Go Next Where to Travel in 2019 According to Your Astrological Sign