Treasures of Hawai'i The Big Island
Collected by Charu Suri
Waipio Valley, Hawaii 96727, USA
Seeing the Big Island by air will have you sitting on the edge your seat anticipating what will turn up around the next mountain or valley. Waipio Valley, one of the most beautiful areas on the Island, is best seen from the air to really get a...
If you have the time next time you're in Hawaii, instead of just hanging on the beach or catching point breaks, charter a sailboat for a few days. Tons of boats will take you out of the Big Island or out of Lahaina on Maui—not too expensive if you...
Hilo, HI, HI, USA
The Hamakua Coastline on The Big Island, Hawaii, is one part Amazonian Rainforest, one part Jurassic Park meets civilization. A beautifully paved road on the northeastern side of Hawaii will lead you through some of the most beautiful places...
19-3948 Old Volcano Rd, Volcano, HI 96785, USA
Just a mile away from the entrance to the Hawai'i Volcanoes National Park is the newly refurbished Kilauea Lodge. I was expecting rustic charm but brushed shoulders with a bed & breakfast style hospitality: from the mugs of coffee to the crackling...
78-128 Ehukai St, Kailua-Kona, HI 96740, USA
The newly refurbished Sheraton Kona Keauhou Bay Resort is stylish, with a large pool and water slide. But it was the history and the view from the hotel (located off the famous Ali'i Drive) that won me over. The hotel gives you an excellent...
- 1 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 2 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 3 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 4 Air Travel These North American Airports Rank Best (and Worst) in Passenger Satisfaction
- 5 Museums + Galleries Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna