Treasures of Hawai'i The Big Island
Collected by Charu Suri
Waipio Valley, Hawaii 96727, USA
Seeing the Big Island by air will have you sitting on the edge your seat anticipating what will turn up around the next mountain or valley. Waipio Valley, one of the most beautiful areas on the Island, is best seen from the air to really get a...
If you have the time next time you're in Hawaii, instead of just hanging on the beach or catching point breaks, charter a sailboat for a few days. Tons of boats will take you out of the Big Island or out of Lahaina on Maui—not too expensive if you...
Hilo, HI, HI, USA
The Hamakua Coastline on The Big Island, Hawaii, is one part Amazonian Rainforest, one part Jurassic Park meets civilization. A beautifully paved road on the northeastern side of Hawaii will lead you through some of the most beautiful places...
19-3948 Old Volcano Rd, Volcano, HI 96785, USA
Just a mile away from the entrance to the Hawai'i Volcanoes National Park is the newly refurbished Kilauea Lodge. I was expecting rustic charm but brushed shoulders with a bed & breakfast style hospitality: from the mugs of coffee to the crackling...
78-128 Ehukai St, Kailua-Kona, HI 96740, USA
The newly refurbished Sheraton Kona Keauhou Bay Resort is stylish, with a large pool and water slide. But it was the history and the view from the hotel (located off the famous Ali'i Drive) that won me over. The hotel gives you an excellent...
- 1 Travel News This Winter Will Be Warmer Than Average in the United States, Experts Say
- 2 Art + Culture 9 Things That Are Surprisingly Offensive in Asia
- 3 Natural Wonders The Brightest Meteor Shower of the Year Is Happening This Week
- 4 Travel News You Can Pay to Attend a Traditional Wedding in India
- 5 Photography Tips The Key to Taking Jaw-Dropping Outdoor Travel Photos