Travemünde's Top Five
Collected by Paul Sullivan , AFAR Local Expert
Less than an hour from Travemünde, the alluring town of Plön sits on the shore of one of several striking lakes. In addition to taking a guided boat ride around the lakes, it’s possible to visit historic Plön castle, which has fantastic views from...
Holstentorplatz 1, 23552 Lübeck, Germany
A UNESCO World Heritage Site since 1987, the postcard-pretty city of Lübeck was founded in the early 12th century and is renowned for its variety of architecture (from Gothic and Baroque to neoclassical), its charming Altstadt (old town) and its...
23769 Fehmarn, Germany
The popular Baltic island resort of Fehmarn is located around 80 kilometers north of Travemünde. Accessed via a handsome suspension bridge, the island is a nature preserve and features several unspoiled beaches, as well as many attractive farms...
- 1 Air Travel French Bee Just Made It Much Cheaper to Fly to Paris From New York
- 2 Travel News Anthony Bourdain’s Possessions Will Be Auctioned to Fund New Study Abroad Scholarship
- 3 Travel News Plan Your Fall Getaway With This Peak Foliage Prediction Map
- 4 Books 15 Amazing Books That Inspire Us to Travel
- 5 Where to Go in Fall The Largest Monet Exhibition in 20 Years Is Now Open at 1 U.S. Museum