Travemünde's Top Five
Collected by Paul Sullivan, AFAR Local Expert
Less than an hour from Travemünde, the alluring town of Plön sits on the shore of one of several striking lakes. In addition to taking a guided boat ride around the lakes, it’s possible to visit historic Plön castle, which has fantastic views from...
Holstentorplatz 1, 23552 Lübeck, Germany
A UNESCO World Heritage Site since 1987, the postcard-pretty city of Lübeck was founded in the early 12th century and is renowned for its variety of architecture (from Gothic and Baroque to neoclassical), its charming Altstadt (old town) and its...
23769 Fehmarn, Germany
The popular Baltic island resort of Fehmarn is located around 80 kilometers north of Travemünde. Accessed via a handsome suspension bridge, the island is a nature preserve and features several unspoiled beaches, as well as many attractive farms...
- 1 Travel News This Tiny Country Is Europe’s Fastest Growing Destination
- 2 Expat Life 11 Best Islands to Move to After Retiring
- 3 Travel News Why You Should Go to New York City This Winter
- 4 Where to Go in Winter 7 UNESCO World Heritage Sites You Need to Visit This Winter
- 5 Air Travel Another U.S. Airport Now Allows Non-Ticketed Visitors Through Security