Trapani Top 5
Collected by Travis Marshall , AFAR Local Expert
Contrada Barbaro, 91013 Calatafimi TP, Italy
The ancient archeological site of Segesta was once a major city of Sicily’s original Elymian people, who adopted much of their culture from the Greeks. Among the ruins at Segesta is a wonderfully intact Greek-style temple and an outdoor...
Via Conte Agostino Pepoli, 91100 Trapani TP, Italy
Visit the Madonna of Trapani, a legendary sculpture by Nino Pisano, that resides in the main chapel of this 14th-century church. True to Trapani’s history as a seafarers’ port, two smaller chapels are dedicated to fishermen and sailors,...
D'Assisi,, Via S. Francesco D'Assisi, 33, 91100 Trapani TP, Italy
Chiesa del Purgatorio is one of many beautiful, historic churches around Trapani, but what makes this church unique is what it holds inside. The 17th century church is the home of the Misteri, 20 life-sized woodcarvings describing the Passion of...
Towering over the east end of Corso Vittorio Emanuele the Cavarretta Palace, also called the Senatorial Palace, is one of the most imposing and recognizable sites in Trapani, with marble statues and a massive clock and calendar looking down from...
- 1 Travel News Airbnb Wants to Pay for You to Live in This Italian Village for a Whole Summer
- 2 Hiking + Cycling 6 Dream Hikes in the United States (and How to Score the Permits)
- 3 Where to Go Next Where to Travel in 2019 According to Your Astrological Sign
- 4 Natural Wonders A Rare Super Blood Wolf Moon Will Be Visible Over America This Weekend
- 5 Travel for Good Here’s What You Need to Know About Getting Tickets to See “Hamilton” in Puerto Rico