Transylvania or Bust
Collected by Ruth Baranowski
Strada General Traian Moșoiu 24, Bran 507025, Romania
Bram Stoker based his novel Dracula on the this castle in Bran, Transylvania, Romania. Not actually Vlad Tepes home (you can find that in Sigishoara), generations of Romanian monarchs lived in this castle overlooking the Translyvanian countryside....
Sighișoara Fortress, Sighișoara 545400, Romania
If you go to Romania, and you should, go to Transylvania. If you go to Transylvania, and you should, go to Sighisoara Citadel. Drive your little rental car up the pebbly road into the enclosed village on top of the hill. In this ancient, ancient,...
- 1 Expat Life 11 Best Islands to Move to After Retiring
- 2 Air Travel Another U.S. Airport Now Allows Non-Ticketed Visitors Through Security
- 3 Travel News Why You Should Go to New York City This Winter
- 4 Holiday Travel 15 Go-to Pieces of Travel Gear to Gift This Holiday Season
- 5 Where to Go in Winter 12 Great Beaches for Winter Sun