Transylvania or Bust
Collected by Ruth Baranowski
Strada General Traian Moșoiu 24, Bran 507025, Romania
Bram Stoker based his novel Dracula on the this castle in Bran, Transylvania, Romania. Not actually Vlad Tepes home (you can find that in Sigishoara), generations of Romanian monarchs lived in this castle overlooking the Translyvanian countryside....
Sighișoara Fortress, Sighișoara 545400, Romania
If you go to Romania, and you should, go to Transylvania. If you go to Transylvania, and you should, go to Sighisoara Citadel. Drive your little rental car up the pebbly road into the enclosed village on top of the hill. In this ancient, ancient,...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 3 Air Travel American Airlines Now Has Free Live TV on Domestic Flights—but There’s a Catch
- 4 Festivals + Events 10 Secrets to Doing Oktoberfest Like a Local
- 5 Travel News Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna