Collected by Andi Fisher, AFAR Local Expert
Beautiful modes of transportation from all over the world.
Romania seemed like a far away land where people seemed to exit more than they entered. But after a long stay in Northern Croatia and a short period in Belgrade, mystic Romania was nearer than ever. My companion and I took a gloomy old train from...
75001 Paris, France
As a photographer and devoted Francophile, Paris continues to offer an endless stream of memorable images. I don't often pull out my rather large camera in the Mètro but will when presented with an image such as this. The billboard behind them...
Cap your trip to Machu Picchu with a pisco sour on the Orient-Express train ride back to Cuzco. After boarding this luxury train for dinner and the return journey, everyone meets in the bar car for a drink. Live music, the rocking of the train,...
Ground Floor Taj Palace, Sardar Patel Marg, Diplomatic Enclave, Chanakyapuri, New Delhi, Delhi 110021, India
Imagine a scene from Scott F. Fitzgerald’s Great Gatsby where a live jazz band serenades guests as they subliminally move to the rhythm of the music, with hors d’oeuvres in one hand and a vodka martini in the other. Expect a mirrored...
- 1 Winter Sports This Winter Will Be Warmer Than Average in the United States, Experts Say
- 2 Art + Culture 9 Things That Are Surprisingly Offensive in Asia
- 3 Photography Tips The Key to Taking Jaw-Dropping Outdoor Travel Photos
- 4 Luxury Cruises A Titanic Replica Could Set Sail in 2022
- 5 Exceptional Travel Experiences The Ideal Iceland May Only Exist in Your Mind