Trancoso Beach Bliss
Collected by Jen Murphy, AFAR Contributor
Trancoso, Porto Seguro - State of Bahia, Brazil
The Uxua Praia (beach) Bar is the most coveted spot on the beach. A short walk from the Quadrado, it's been built out of old abandoned fishing boats that had been on the site. The main bar is shaded by a thatched palm roof and a cocktail alter...
Caraíva, Porto Seguro - BA, 45810-000, Brazil
A 200-year-old Bahian tradition, fitas, or bonfim ribbons, are said to bring good luck. The writing on the ribbon says ”Lembrança do Senhor do Bonfim da Bahia”, or in remembrance of the savior of Bahia, or Souvenir from the God of Bahia. Wrap the...
Porto Seguro - State of Bahia, 45810-000, Brazil
Uxua is the rare resort that makes an extra effort for its gets to connect with local culture. At the restaurant, you can taste traditional Bahian dishes. But you can also request for the chef, Bernardino, to give you cooking lessons in his...
- 1 Winter Sports This Winter Will Be Warmer Than Average in the United States, Experts Say
- 2 Art + Culture 9 Things That Are Surprisingly Offensive in Asia
- 3 Natural Wonders The Brightest Meteor Shower of the Year Is Happening This Week
- 4 Travel News You Can Pay to Attend a Traditional Wedding in India
- 5 Photography Tips The Key to Taking Jaw-Dropping Outdoor Travel Photos