Traipsing around the cradle of civilization
Collected by Betsy Morley
Highlights to help me find must-dos for a packed business trip.
95 NW 29th St, Miami, FL 33127, USA
The Rubell Family Collection occupies a former Drug Enforcement Administration warehouse in the Wynwood Arts District. Contemporary artists exhibited here include Jeff Koons and Kara Walker.—Meeghan Truelove 95 NW 29th St., (305) 573-6090. This...
85 Brick Ln, London E1 6QL, UK
If you find yourself in East London on a Sunday with some good walking shoes you’re in luck. This is the day for markets. The best ways to experience London’s curious mix of old and new is to start off at the Columbia Road Flower Market near the...
One of my favorite things about London is the mix of old and new architecture. Take this view (from the Tate Modern Museum) of the Millennium Bridge and St. Paul's Cathedral. If you're an architecture buff, a walking tour (or two...or three!) will...
26 34 St - Dubai - United Arab Emirates
Going to markets has an air of excitement in the Arab World, where the souks are still the place where locals and tourists can go to meet each other, trade, and shop around for all sorts of commodities. I was lucky enough to visit the gold and...
Hamra, Beirut, Lebanon
One day during the IFPRI Food Secure Arab World conference in Beirut I decided to stroll the streets of Beyrouth with my colleague. It was so peaceful. Hard to believe the place was being bombed only a few years ago. The streets were calm, drivers...
- 1 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 2 Air Travel Want a Free Volunteer Vacation? JetBlue Has Your Ticket
- 3 Travel News 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 4 Travel News Greece Bans Anyone Over 220 Pounds From Riding Santorini’s Donkeys
- 5 Travel News New Zealand’s Most Beautiful Train Ride Is Reopening in December