Traditional Festivities to Attend in Peru
Collected by Tommy Alexander, AFAR Staff
When I decided to go to Peru, I knew there would be plenty of handicrafts to capture my attention. I even packed a collapsible tote bag to lug my purchases back home. In Lima, I stayed at a hotel in Miraflores. On my first venture out into the...
Even demons can't resist the bubblegum allure of Inca Kola. On a hot day in late May, with the patron saint's festival in full swing, these guys took a break from their dancing to enjoy some of Peru's famous fallout-yellow soda in the shade at a...
Salcedo, Puno, Peru
In Puno, on shores of Lake Titicaca, the air is thin. Just walking can be an issue of mind over matter, as headaches and even nausea due to lack of oxygen can make the simple act of putting one foot in front of the other a challenge. As I slowly...
- 1History + CultureThe Tea Capital of Europe Isn’t Where You Think It Is
- 2Hiking + Cycling6 Awesome Hiking Apps for Adventurous Travelers
- 3Travel NewsMiniature Horses Are Allowed on Board Southwest Airlines, per New Policy
- 4Gear8 New Books You Need to Read Before Flying to France
- 5History + CultureIntimate Portraits of Women Who Live as Men in Remote Albania