Collected by Emily Chu , AFAR Local Expert
70 Anshan Rd, Heping Qu, Tianjin Shi, China, 300020
Jingyuan, or "Stillness Garden," was named by Puyi, the last emperor of the Qing Dynasty, who resided here for a few years from 1927. The garden's grounds are only about 3,000 square meters in size, but provides a villa-esque setting, with...
149 Changchun Rd, Jin Jie, Heping Qu, China, 300041
One of Tianjin's most famous snacks is the fried dough twist, or mahua. It's not the healthiest of snacks—it has been deep-fried in peanut oil—but is definitely worth a try. Traditionally, mahua is made with ingredients such as flour, sesame,...
1 Shuishang Gongyuan W Rd, Nankai Qu, Tianjin Shi, China, 300381
Round up the gang and spend a day frolicking around the Tianjin Zoo. There are habitats dedicated to monkeys, bears, hippos and rhinos, and amphibians. Birds have another enclosure, and lions and tigers have an unmistakable space to call home. And...
Tian Jin Dian Shi Tai, Heping Qu, Tianjin Shi, China, 300070
If you're a fan of heights and lucky enough to chance upon a sunny, relatively day, head up the Tianjin Radio and TV Tower to enjoy a 360-degree view of the city. Peer down at the surrounding lake area and try to spot other Tianjin attractions,...
2 Nanmen Outer St, Nankai Qu, Tianjin Shi, China, 300021
Momi Café is a simply decorated and thoughtful bookstore/café with a slight countryside feel, and is popular with a younger, bookish Tianjin crowd. Book-filled shelves are on one side of the space while racks of postcards line the others. You can...
- 1 Air Travel French Bee Just Made It Much Cheaper to Fly to Paris From New York
- 2 Travel News Anthony Bourdain’s Possessions Will Be Auctioned to Fund New Study Abroad Scholarship
- 3 Travel News Plan Your Fall Getaway With This Peak Foliage Prediction Map
- 4 Books 15 Amazing Books That Inspire Us to Travel
- 5 Travel News The Largest Monet Exhibition in 20 Years Is Now Open at 1 U.S. Museum