Torshavn's Top Five
Collected by Paul Sullivan, AFAR Local Expert
6 Brekkutún, Hoyvík 188, Faroe Islands
Located on a hill on the outskirts of Tórshavn, the Faroe Islands' National Museum is easy to reach and a must-see. The exhibits on display include original 15th-century pew-ends from Kirkjubøur and historical artifacts such as bone combs and...
9 Gundadalsvegur, Tórshavn 100, Faroe Islands
The best—and only—place to get an overview of Faroese art is this airy modern gallery, which spans some 1,000 square meters of floor space. Each room is dedicated to significant Faroese artists from across the ages, with highlights including the...
Bryggjubakki, Tórshavn, Faroe Islands
This small but picturesque cathedral in the center of Tórshavn was first established in the late 18th century, and has been the seat of the bishop of the Faroes since 1990. Still functioning as a place of worship for local residents, it’s an...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 3 Air Travel American Airlines Now Has Free Live TV on Domestic Flights—but There’s a Catch
- 4 Festivals + Events 10 Secrets to Doing Oktoberfest Like a Local
- 5 Travel News Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna