Top of the Bucket List
Collected by WorldWideAdventurers
Sisavangvong Road, Luang Prabang, Laos
Wat Mai, Luang Prabang, Laos. Rubbing shoulders with tangerine-robed monks in Laos is one of the best parts about any visit to Luang Prabang. The young monks are often eager to converse with respectful visitors; this young fellow peppered me with...
Magallanes y la Antártica Chilena Region, Chile
During my stay in El Calafate, my hotel arranged a full-day tour to Torres del Paine for me. I was picked up by a tour operator at my front door, and escorted across the Chilean border into the beautiful national park. The tour and the views was a...
Phewa Lake, Pokhara 33700, Nepal
We weren't quite lucky to see the snowcapped covered mountains in the lovely lakeside village of Pokhara since we visited during monsoon season. But it was a perfect way to start our introduction to the area and cross over to the trail leading up...
Doilungdeqen, Lhasa, Tibet, China
We were eating lunch near a stupa after our horseback ride up the Drechen Valley, a hours from Lhasa. As we sat in the sun we watched a group of Tibetan women lunching slightly below us on the hill. Their husbands were bathing at a nearby hot...
Tingri, Xigaze, Tibet, China
It had always been my dream to see the Himalayas but having been cursed with weak lungs, I always hesitated going. A few years ago I finally decided to do it . Armed with inhalers and a small vial of Diamox tablets, I flew from Kathmandu to Lhasa...
- 1 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 2 Air Travel Want a Free Volunteer Vacation? JetBlue Has Your Ticket
- 3 News and Openings 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 4 Travel News Greece Bans Anyone Over 220 Pounds From Riding Santorini’s Donkeys
- 5 Travel News New Zealand’s Most Beautiful Train Ride Is Reopening in December