Top Destinations for Chilly Travel
Collected by Stephanie Bradley
I would take a winter over any summer, why do you think I live in San Francisco? Can't wait to visit these freezing corners of the world!
Denali, Alaska, USA
of our trip to Alaska, this is probably the highlight, a chance of very few, apparently 15% of the people who head out to see this majestic mountain get a chance to see it as we have. being there and seeing this beautiful mountain in all of its...
You can't help but be awed by what a glacier and a few thousand years can do to a landscape. As we hiked closer to Exit Glacier I become aware of the enormity of this sheet of ice that has carved out the valley and the river behind us. Signposts...
Paradise Bay, Antarctica
The Antarctic weather was unpredictable and often inhospitable throughout our 1-week expedition cruise. Dramamine came in really handy the last day as we sailed the Gerlach Straight. I popped them like candy before cautiously eating dinner. Just a...
- 1The Future of the Great American Road Trip Is Electric
- 2Portugal’s Exquisite Historic Lodgings Offer a Window to the Past
- 3Austria’s New James Bond Museum Is a Spectacular Secret Lair High in the Alps
- 4How to Plan the Perfect Group Trip (Without the Stress)
- 5The True Magic of Machu Picchu Isn’t Where You Think It Is