Top 5 Puget Sound (At Sea)
Collected by Amanda Castleman, AFAR Local Expert
1483 Alaskan Way, Seattle, WA 98101, USA
America’s 20th-largest metropolis contains a surprising amount of nature. From herons to seals and even urban beavers, critters inhabit both land and sea in the Emerald City. Standouts include ancient sixgill sharks, which circle right under...
701 Pike St, Seattle, WA 98101, USA
From the gold rush to Boeing and Amazon, Washington’s alpha city has always punched above its weight class. Set in a land of evergreens—and protected by snowcapped peaks—it encompasses coves, lakes and waterways. Liberal and high-tech, it often...
- 1 Travel News This Winter Will Be Warmer Than Average in the United States, Experts Say
- 2 Travel News The Brightest Meteor Shower of the Year Is Happening This Week
- 3 Travel News What Travelers Need to Know About the Paris Riots
- 4 Travel News There’s a Huge Sale on the Most Scenic U.S. Train Routes Right Now
- 5 Romance 9 of the World’s Most Romantic Winter Wonderlands