Top 5 Puget Sound (At Sea)
Collected by Amanda Castleman , AFAR Local Expert
1483 Alaskan Way, Seattle, WA 98101, USA
America’s 20th-largest metropolis contains a surprising amount of nature. From herons to seals and even urban beavers, critters inhabit both land and sea in the Emerald City. Standouts include ancient sixgill sharks, which circle right under...
701 Pike St, Seattle, WA 98101, USA
From the gold rush to Boeing and Amazon, Washington’s alpha city has always punched above its weight class. Set in a land of evergreens—and protected by snowcapped peaks—it encompasses coves, lakes and waterways. Liberal and high-tech, it often...
- 1 Air Travel Another U.S. Airport Now Allows Non-Ticketed Visitors Through Security
- 2 Travel News This Bistro Was Just Voted the Best New Restaurant in the United States
- 3 Travel News Tour Guides Will Soon Be Restricted at Two Popular NYC Sites
- 4 Travel Tips Temples, Tipping, and Train Rides: A Guide to Japan for First-Timers
- 5 Where to Go in Spring 10 Best Places to Travel in May