Top 5 Puget Sound (At Sea)
Collected by Amanda Castleman , AFAR Local Expert
1483 Alaskan Way, Seattle, WA 98101, USA
America’s 20th-largest metropolis contains a surprising amount of nature. From herons to seals and even urban beavers, critters inhabit both land and sea in the Emerald City. Standouts include ancient sixgill sharks, which circle right under...
701 Pike St, Seattle, WA 98101, USA
From the gold rush to Boeing and Amazon, Washington’s alpha city has always punched above its weight class. Set in a land of evergreens—and protected by snowcapped peaks—it encompasses coves, lakes and waterways. Liberal and high-tech, it often...
- 1 Air Travel French Bee Just Made It Much Cheaper to Fly to Paris From New York
- 2 Travel News Anthony Bourdain’s Possessions Will Be Auctioned to Fund New Study Abroad Scholarship
- 3 Where to Go in Fall Plan Your Fall Getaway With This Peak Foliage Prediction Map
- 4 Books 15 Amazing Books That Inspire Us to Travel
- 5 Museums + Galleries The Largest Monet Exhibition in 20 Years Is Now Open at 1 U.S. Museum