Top 5 Puget Sound (At Sea)
Collected by Amanda Castleman, AFAR Local Expert
1483 Alaskan Way, Seattle, WA 98101, USA
America’s 20th-largest metropolis contains a surprising amount of nature. From herons to seals and even urban beavers, critters inhabit both land and sea in the Emerald City. Standouts include ancient sixgill sharks, which circle right under...
701 Pike St, Seattle, WA 98101, USA
From the gold rush to Boeing and Amazon, Washington’s alpha city has always punched above its weight class. Set in a land of evergreens—and protected by snowcapped peaks—it encompasses coves, lakes and waterways. Liberal and high-tech, it often...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 3 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 4 Museums + Galleries Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna
- 5 Bars + Nightlife The Best Rooftop Bars in Los Angeles