Top 5 Puget Sound (At Sea)
Collected by Amanda Castleman , AFAR Local Expert
1483 Alaskan Way, Seattle, WA 98101, USA
America’s 20th-largest metropolis contains a surprising amount of nature. From herons to seals and even urban beavers, critters inhabit both land and sea in the Emerald City. Standouts include ancient sixgill sharks, which circle right under...
701 Pike St, Seattle, WA 98101, USA
From the gold rush to Boeing and Amazon, Washington’s alpha city has always punched above its weight class. Set in a land of evergreens—and protected by snowcapped peaks—it encompasses coves, lakes and waterways. Liberal and high-tech, it often...
- 1 Travel News The Real Story Behind Venice’s Newly Crystal-Clear Canals
- 2 Travel News Quarantine. Self-Isolation. Lockdown. Shelter in Place. What’s the Difference?
- 3 Travel News Virtual Museum Tours, Performances, and Tutorials to Keep You (and Your Kids) Entertained at Home
- 4 Air Travel TSA Just Made Some Major Changes to Its Rules Due to Coronavirus
- 5 Travel News What Life Looks Like in Locked-Down Countries