Top 5 Penneshaw
Collected by Amanda Castleman , AFAR Local Expert
52 Howard Dr, Penneshaw SA 5222, Australia
Opened in 1869, the Hog Bay School now houses this adorable pip-squeak of a museum, which has just three rooms. One explores old-time education in this remote rural community; the second details sealing and whaling; the third captures island life....
Howard Dr, Penneshaw SA 5222, Australia
Survey the coast and its magnificent wildlife aboard this 75-minute tour, departing at 9 a.m., noon and 3 p.m. Experienced captains and guides lead you straight to local critters, from seals to sea lions, wild dolphins and humpback whales,...
S Coast Rd, Flinders Chase SA 5223, Australia
On the edge of a cliff in Cape Willoughby lies the Remarkable Rocks. Massive granite rocks that form strange shapes. Some have caves built into the rocks that you can climb into. Walk around and in the rocks, all with an amazing view of the water....
South Australia’s first lighthouse—an iconic whitewashed column—poses against splendid vistas of the Backstairs Passage. Watch for large schools of salmon in the waters there, as well as orcas, humpbacks and southern right whales. The park visitor...
- 1 Travel News Airbnb Wants to Pay for You to Live in This Italian Village for a Whole Summer
- 2 Air Travel The Best Time to Buy Airline Tickets
- 3 Natural Wonders A Rare Super Blood Wolf Moon Will Be Visible Over America This Weekend
- 4 Packing Tips How to Pack a Suitcase
- 5 Where to Go in Winter Why You Should Go to Los Angeles This Winter