Top 5 Penneshaw
Collected by Amanda Castleman, AFAR Local Expert
52 Howard Dr, Penneshaw SA 5222, Australia
Opened in 1869, the Hog Bay School now houses this adorable pip-squeak of a museum, which has just three rooms. One explores old-time education in this remote rural community; the second details sealing and whaling; the third captures island life....
Howard Dr, Penneshaw SA 5222, Australia
Survey the coast and its magnificent wildlife aboard this 75-minute tour, departing at 9 a.m., noon and 3 p.m. Experienced captains and guides lead you straight to local critters, from seals to sea lions, wild dolphins and humpback whales,...
S Coast Rd, Flinders Chase SA 5223, Australia
At the west end of Kangaroo Island, this park is a sanctuary for endangered wildlife with some introduced to the island from the mainland. It’s also home to two geological monuments: Remarkable Rocks, naturally sculpted rock formations balanced on...
South Australia’s first lighthouse—an iconic whitewashed column—poses against splendid vistas of the Backstairs Passage. Watch for large schools of salmon in the waters there, as well as orcas, humpbacks and southern right whales. The park visitor...
- 1 Travel News This Tiny Country Is Europe’s Fastest Growing Destination
- 2 Expat Life 11 Best Islands to Move to After Retiring
- 3 Exceptional Travel Experiences Thailand Wants to Pay You to Travel the Country Like a Local
- 4 Where to Go in Winter Why You Should Go to New York City This Winter
- 5 Where to Go in Winter 7 UNESCO World Heritage Sites You Need to Visit This Winter