Top 10 Honolulu
The act of surfing borders on the spiritual here, and each of Oahu's four coasts has its own wave-riding culture. South Shore is the birthplace of modern surfing at Waikiki Beach; North Shore's winter swells can top 12 meters, or 39 feet (but the...
Back in the 19th century, Queen Emma of Hawaii used to slip away to this summer retreat when she felt like a change from court formality. Today, the landmark is preserved in stately style by the Daughters of Hawaii. Inside it's an eclectic mix of...
Waimea Falls was once a kitschy theme park that featured cliff divers and hula dancers. Now peaceful nonprofit gardens reign here, alongside one of the best hikes in Oahu. The flat 1.6-kilometer (one-mile) trail barely lives up to...
- 1 Air Travel French Bee Just Made It Much Cheaper to Fly to Paris From New York
- 2 Travel News Anthony Bourdain’s Possessions Will Be Auctioned to Fund New Study Abroad Scholarship
- 3 Where to Go in Fall Plan Your Fall Getaway With This Peak Foliage Prediction Map
- 4 Books 15 Amazing Books That Inspire Us to Travel
- 5 Art The Largest Monet Exhibition in 20 Years Is Now Open at 1 U.S. Museum