Top 10 Honolulu
The act of surfing borders on the spiritual here, and each of Oahu's four coasts has its own wave-riding culture. South Shore is the birthplace of modern surfing at Waikiki Beach; North Shore's winter swells can top 12 meters, or 39 feet (but the...
Back in the 19th century, Queen Emma of Hawaii used to slip away to this summer retreat when she felt like a change from court formality. Today, the landmark is preserved in stately style by the Daughters of Hawaii. Inside it's an eclectic mix of...
Waimea Falls was once a kitschy theme park that featured cliff divers and hula dancers. Now peaceful nonprofit gardens reign here, alongside one of the best hikes in Oahu. The flat 1.6-kilometer (one-mile) trail barely lives up to...
- 1 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 2 Air Travel Want a Free Volunteer Vacation? JetBlue Has Your Ticket
- 3 Travel News 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 4 Travel News Greece Bans Anyone Over 220 Pounds From Riding Santorini’s Donkeys
- 5 Travel News New Zealand’s Most Beautiful Train Ride Is Reopening in December