Collected by Felix T
Plaza Padre Juan de Mariana, 1, 45002 Toledo, Spain
Walking through Toledo, I came across the Church of the Jesuits and saw a sign that said there was access to the two towers. Since I am one for a bird's eye view, I parted with just 2 Euros, had a look around the church (and was allowed to take...
Calle de la Union, s/n, 45001 Toledo, Spain
Walking under massive archways, getting lost on cramped side streets, and following the sparkling, firefly-like lights of Toledo leaves you feeling like you’ve stepped into a fairy tale. Religion lies at the heart of Toledo’s history, and because...
The history of Toledo dates back to Roman occupation circa 192 BC. The ruins of the Roman circus are still visible just outside the walls of the city. Roman occupation was followed by Visigoth rule, Muslim rule, and finally the Reconquest of...
Callejón Potro, 5, 45003 Toledo, Spain
When the train pulled into Toledo, I knew right away that this wasn't NW Ohio! Built in the Neo-Mudéjar style, the station opened in 1920. The clock tower at the far end is an imitation of a typical Toledo tower. A train runs between Madrid and...
Puerta del Cambrón, 45002 Toledo, Spain
Toledo, once the glowing capital of Spain, is today mostly a tourist attraction within the walls of the fort-city. But inside those walls are museums, cathedrals and churches, an ancient synagogue—now a museum documenting the Sephardic Jews, the...
- 1 Winter Sports This Winter Will Be Warmer Than Average in the United States, Experts Say
- 2 Art + Culture 9 Things That Are Surprisingly Offensive in Asia
- 3 Natural Wonders The Brightest Meteor Shower of the Year Is Happening This Week
- 4 Travel News You Can Pay to Attend a Traditional Wedding in India
- 5 Photography Tips The Key to Taking Jaw-Dropping Outdoor Travel Photos