Collected by Gisele Fowle
Plaza de Santo Domingo 'El Antiguo', s/n, 45002 Toledo, Spain
Puerta del Cambrón, 45002 Toledo, Spain
Toledo, once the glowing capital of Spain, is today mostly a tourist attraction within the walls of the fort-city. But inside those walls are museums, cathedrals and churches, an ancient synagogue—now a museum documenting the Sephardic Jews, the...
The history of Toledo dates back to Roman occupation circa 192 BC. The ruins of the Roman circus are still visible just outside the walls of the city. Roman occupation was followed by Visigoth rule, Muslim rule, and finally the Reconquest of...
Callejón Potro, 5, 45003 Toledo, Spain
When the train pulled into Toledo, I knew right away that this wasn't NW Ohio! Built in the Neo-Mudéjar style, the station opened in 1920. The clock tower at the far end is an imitation of a typical Toledo tower. A train runs between Madrid and...
Calle de la Union, s/n, 45001 Toledo, Spain
Walking under massive archways, getting lost on cramped side streets, and following the sparkling, firefly-like lights of Toledo leaves you feeling like you’ve stepped into a fairy tale. Religion lies at the heart of Toledo’s history, and because...
- 1Travel NewsTSA Implements New Carry-On Rules for Powders
- 2Travel NewsThere’s a Huge Sale on the Most Scenic U.S. Train Routes Right Now
- 3Where to Go in SummerHow to Take the Houseboat Vacation of Your Dreams This Summer
- 4Festivals + EventsSweden’s Magical Midsommar Festival Is Straight out of a Fairy Tale
- 5Travel TipsHow to Plan the Perfect Group Trip (Without the Stress)