Tokyo weekend: Toranomon Hills
Collected by Meghan Gordon
1 Chome-23-4 Toranomon, Minato-ku, Tōkyō-to 105-0001, Japan
The global Andaz hotel chain has a thing for design, and its first location in Japan more than lives up to that reputation. It opened this summer in the new Toranomon Hills skyscraper, which is filled with large-scale art and eclectic restaurants....
2 Chome-1-１ Atago, Minato-ku, Tōkyō-to 105-0002, Japan
The NHK museum in the Toranomon district of Tokyo is, no question, a bit dated. But don't let that stop you from seeing a wonderful collection of Japanese broadcasting artifacts —historical audio, photos, camera equipment, costumes from...
1 Chome-5-３ Atago, Minato, Tokyo 105-0002, Japan
The thing about visiting shrines in Japan is that they're everywhere and they're all special in their own way. So explore the ones in whatever neighborhood you're staying—they're bound to be peaceful and interesting. If you find yourself in Tokyo...
- 1 Winter Sports This Winter Will Be Warmer Than Average in the United States, Experts Say
- 2 Natural Wonders The Brightest Meteor Shower of the Year Is Happening This Week
- 3 Art + Culture 9 Things That Are Surprisingly Offensive in Asia
- 4 Travel News What Travelers Need to Know About the Paris Riots
- 5 Travel News There’s a Huge Sale on the Most Scenic U.S. Train Routes Right Now