Collected by Afar Magazine
From eating locally sourced fare to surfing the waves, connecting with the great outdoors is what Tofino is about.
1441 Pacific Rim Hwy, Tofino, BC V0R 2Z0, Canada
Handcrafted furniture fills the rooms at the Long Beach Lodge Resort, which has its own surf school as well as marine wildlife boat tours. From $195. This appeared in the March/April 2015 issue.
Tofino, BC V0R 2Z0, Canada
In a remote spot off Vancouver Island in British Columbia, surrounded by rain forest, mountains, and beaches, the Clayoquot Wilderness Retreat first opened in 1998 as an overnight floating lodge experience; since then, it has grown into a luxury...
81 West St, Tofino, BC V0R 2Z0, Canada
Looking to connect with other wanderers? Stay at the Whalers on the Point Guesthouse in a dormitory-style or private room. The rustic place in the heart of downtown is a great budget option. From $26 shared, $60 private. This appeared in the...
500 Osprey Ln, Tofino, BC V0R, Canada
Overlooking Chesterman Beach, the Wickaninnish Inn, or “the Wick,” as locals call it, offers 75 cabinlike rooms with Adirondack-style furnishings. Amenities include a library stocked with board games and movies, a spa that offers West Coast–...
150 4 St, Tofino, BC V0R, Canada
At Wolf in the Fog, locally sourced ingredients from land and sea are transformed into dishes such as seaweed salad, charred squid, and roasted sablefish. The bar alone merits a visit. This appeared in the March/April 2015 issue.
- 1 Air Travel French Bee Just Made It Much Cheaper to Fly to Paris From New York
- 2 Travel News Anthony Bourdain’s Possessions Will Be Auctioned to Fund New Study Abroad Scholarship
- 3 Where to Go in Fall Plan Your Fall Getaway With This Peak Foliage Prediction Map
- 4 Books 15 Amazing Books That Inspire Us to Travel
- 5 Museums + Galleries The Largest Monet Exhibition in 20 Years Is Now Open at 1 U.S. Museum