To Try in Greece
Collected by Patrick Bennett, AFAR Ambassador
Kastellorizo 851 11, Greece
Kastelorizo is a small island that can be accessed by ferry from Rhodes or Kaş, Turkey. Once we arrived in the city center, we jumped in a water taxi and about 15 minutes later we swam through a small opening in the rocky hill. The water was...
Porto Katsiki, Greece
The island of Lefkada is full of beautiful beaches. It's a haven for kite surfers and beach lovers. Porto Katsiki is by far the most breathtaking beach we saw on the island. The dramatic cliffs and incredible hues of bright turquoise water make it...
Athinas, Athina 105 51, Greece
The noisy, smelly, chaos of Athens Central Market is an experience no foodie (or photographer) should miss. The colours, shapes and patterns are a compositional dream, but the market is not for the squeamish. You can find every conceivable...
Aristotelous 9, Thessaloniki 546 24, Greece
Koulouria (ko-loo-ree) are savory donut-shaped rings of bread made with yeast and covered in sesame seeds. For most Greeks, this is breakfast with a cup of coffee. No eggs, bacon, sausage, cereal, pancakes, or waffles. Just one or two of these and...
- 1 Winter Sports This Winter Will Be Warmer Than Average in the United States, Experts Say
- 2 Natural Wonders The Brightest Meteor Shower of the Year Is Happening This Week
- 3 Art + Culture 9 Things That Are Surprisingly Offensive in Asia
- 4 Travel News What Travelers Need to Know About the Paris Riots
- 5 Travel News There’s a Huge Sale on the Most Scenic U.S. Train Routes Right Now