Collected by Heather Mullins-Owens
Nagarze, Shannan, Tibet, China
I’m an urban creature. I live and breathe in the hustle and bustle of city life every day. But when I travel, I often like to escape outside my comfort zone and head to remote parts of the world where little is familiar to me. On one of those...
Tingri, Xigaze, Tibet, China
It had always been my dream to see the Himalayas but having been cursed with weak lungs, I always hesitated going. A few years ago I finally decided to do it . Armed with inhalers and a small vial of Diamox tablets, I flew from Kathmandu to Lhasa...
Kathmandu 44600, Nepal
Langtang Valley trekking is a remote place located to the north of Kathmandu, and lies in close proximity to Tibet. The official border between Langtang and Tibet goes along high mountain peaks.This trek is in the Langtang National park and fully...
Chengguan, Lhasa, Tibet, China, 850000
The heart of the city of Lhasa, Tibet is Barkhor Square. The place thrives with all sorts of commercial and religious activities that are uniquely Tibetan and it’s a great place to just watch a very fascinating world go by. While there are a few...
Shangri-La, Deqen, Yunnan, China
Every time I travel the world, I try to participate in a real and important event related to the location. While in Shangri-La, Yunnan, Tibet, China, I was able to attend, along with my friends, to an unforgettable wedding. The bride was the...
- 1 Air Travel Another U.S. Airport Now Allows Non-Ticketed Visitors Through Security
- 2 Travel News This Bistro Was Just Voted the Best New Restaurant in the United States
- 3 Travel News Tour Guides Will Soon Be Restricted at Two Popular NYC Sites
- 4 Travel Tips Temples, Tipping, and Train Rides: A Guide to Japan for First-Timers
- 5 Where to Go in Spring 10 Best Places to Travel in May