Things to Do in Eden
Collected by Serena Renner, AFAR Contributor
184 Imlay St, Eden NSW 2551, Australia
Occupying a prime position on Twofold Bay, where humpback and southern right whales frolic between May and November, the Eden Killer Whale Museum honors the orcas that once swam in these waters. In the 1840s, at the height of Eden's whaling...
Mowarry Point Trail, Edrom NSW 2551, Australia
Most famous for its 31-kilometer (19-mile) Light to Light trek, which traverses coastal heathland, tea-tree groves and red-rock cliffs between Boyds Tower and Green Cape Lightstation, Ben Boyd National Park also offers a plethora of day trips....
13/11 Lagoon St, Bega NSW 2550, Australia
A 40-minute drive from Eden, Bega is a cheese lover's dream. The Bega factory has been churning out cheeses for more than 100 years and still produces 14,000 metric tons (15,432 U.S. tons) of cheddar annually. The Heritage Centre, a faithful...
2372 Princes Hwy, Merimbula NSW 2548, Australia
Potoroo Palace is a nonprofit animal sanctuary where travelers can get acquainted with the kangaroos, emus and peacocks that roam freely throughout the park as well as local species such as the eastern gray kangaroo, the swamp wallaby, the...
162 Arthur Kaine Dr, Pambula NSW 2549, Australia
For those who appreciate a beautiful bivalve, the pristine estuaries of the Sapphire Coast are heaven. (No wonder there’s a town here called Eden.) Taste the bounty at any number of oyster operations, from Wheelers Oyster Farm in Merimbula, which...
- 1 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 2 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 3 Air Travel These North American Airports Rank Best (and Worst) in Passenger Satisfaction
- 4 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 5 Where to Go in Fall 11 Fall Foliage Train Rides to Book Right Now