Things I'd Like to See
Collected by Angelica Marden
1200 Grand Ave, Des Moines, IA 50309, USA
Say it three times fast: swirl-whirl mural, swirl-whirl mural, swirl-whirl mural. No matter how you say it, there are few better places to perk up a gray winter day (or a summer one, for that matter) than in the sleek modern lobby of the Pappajohn...
1407 S University Blvd, Ames, IA 50011, USA
Reiman Gardens on the Iowa State University campus is a trip in itself...and you don’t even need a passport! This photo could have been taken in France or Italy or Greece, but it is right in the center of the United States. There are rose gardens,...
Ames, IA 50011, USA
Although it's a Grant Wood, American Gothic, mural painted during the 1930's depression Public Works Project, it's setting in the Iowa State University library reminds one of an Edward Hopper (Nighthawks) painting. ISU boasts of having over 2,000...
- 1 Travel News This Winter Will Be Warmer Than Average in the United States, Experts Say
- 2 Art + Culture 9 Things That Are Surprisingly Offensive in Asia
- 3 Travel News The Brightest Meteor Shower of the Year Is Happening This Week
- 4 Travel News You Can Pay to Attend a Traditional Wedding in India
- 5 Travel News There’s a Huge Sale on the Most Scenic U.S. Train Routes Right Now