Collected by Rebecca Brooks
Schrottgasse 2, 94032 Passau, Germany
I sailed into Passau on the Danube river and woke up that morning to see a postcard perfect Bavarian city. Passau is a small town on a peninsula, surrounded by three rivers (Danube, Inn, Ilz), and completely walkable. I had just one day to spend...
Visit the towns on the south side of Lake Issyk Kul to find the One Village One Product group who are experienced in their handmade wet felted items made with the wool from the sheep in their region. Beautiful purses, toys, bags, and more are...
Siberian Federal District, Russia
The artisans of this region make beautiful paintings on wood. I met artisan Asya Partina who practices the Ural-Siberian art of miniature painting with squirrel brushes and even a uses a wolf tooth passed down for generations for applying paint...
Cankurtaran Mh., 34122 Fatih/Istanbul, Turkey
One of my favorite recent trips was exploring Turkey. From the bustling city and magnificent monuments and relics of Istanbul to the fairy chimneys, cave hotels, and balloon rides of Cappodocia to the roman ruins and calcified mountains of...
50 Greene St, New York, NY 10013, USA
Gudrun Sjödén Swedish fashion icon and designer known for her creative style identity and use of natural fibers since the mid-70s has opened a store stateside. Just a couple of days old, Sjödén's store is now open to the public for her esteemed...
- 1 History + Culture Airbnb Wants to Pay for You to Live in This Italian Village for a Whole Summer
- 2 Hiking + Cycling 6 Dream Hikes in the United States (and How to Score the Permits)
- 3 Where to Go Next Where to Travel in 2019 According to Your Astrological Sign
- 4 Travel News A Rare Super Blood Wolf Moon Will Be Visible Over America This Weekend
- 5 Travel for Good Here’s What You Need to Know About Getting Tickets to See “Hamilton” in Puerto Rico