Collected by Charlotte Taft
Agiou Dimitriou, Thessaloniki 546 33, Greece
Hagios Demetrios is known as the largest church in all of Greece, and while this interior doesn't look as large as other European churches, the entire building and grounds are a true showing of historic periods coming and overlapping one another....
Aristotelous 9, Thessaloniki 546 24, Greece
Koulouria (ko-loo-ree) are savory donut-shaped rings of bread made with yeast and covered in sesame seeds. For most Greeks, this is breakfast with a cup of coffee. No eggs, bacon, sausage, cereal, pancakes, or waffles. Just one or two of these and...
Charalampou Mouskou, Thessaloniki 546 34, Greece
All the way at the top higher point of Thessaloniki are ancient walls from the Byzantine Empire. It's worth it to take a cheap tour bus and head up to the top, then walk down back to the main part of the city. This taverna isn't anything special....
- 1 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 2 News and Openings 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 3 Travel News Greece Bans Anyone Over 220 Pounds From Riding Santorini’s Donkeys
- 4 Travel News New Zealand’s Most Beautiful Train Ride Is Reopening in December
- 5 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now