Collected by Charlotte Taft
Agiou Dimitriou, Thessaloniki 546 33, Greece
Hagios Demetrios is known as the largest church in all of Greece, and while this interior doesn't look as large as other European churches, the entire building and grounds are a true showing of historic periods coming and overlapping one another....
Aristotelous 9, Thessaloniki 546 24, Greece
Koulouria (ko-loo-ree) are savory donut-shaped rings of bread made with yeast and covered in sesame seeds. For most Greeks, this is breakfast with a cup of coffee. No eggs, bacon, sausage, cereal, pancakes, or waffles. Just one or two of these and...
Charalampou Mouskou, Thessaloniki 546 34, Greece
All the way at the top higher point of Thessaloniki are ancient walls from the Byzantine Empire. It's worth it to take a cheap tour bus and head up to the top, then walk down back to the main part of the city. This taverna isn't anything special....
- 1 Travel News Airbnb Wants to Pay for You to Live in This Italian Village for a Whole Summer
- 2 Hiking + Cycling 6 Dream Hikes in the United States (and How to Score the Permits)
- 3 Travel for Good Here’s What You Need to Know About Getting Tickets to See “Hamilton” in Puerto Rico
- 4 Where to Go Next Where to Travel in 2019 According to Your Astrological Sign
- 5 Gear The Best Luggage for 2019