The World in Black and White
Collected by Joan Wharton, AFAR Local Expert
Some of my favorite travel shots in black and white.
53037 San Gimignano, Province of Siena, Italy
When my husband and I visited Italy last May, our favorite Tuscan town was the enchanting San Gimignano. With its traditional Tuscan architecture, amazing views of the surrounding countryside, and mouth-watering food and wine, San Gimignano is not...
Calle Casp, 86, 08010 Barcelona, Spain
We got to Reykjavik on a rainy night, and the first thing I saw and heard was a lot of people in the street partying and Cher's "Believe" blasting from some club, loud enough to hear it everywhere. I though then that this place was crazy, but then...
- 1 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 2 Air Travel Want a Free Volunteer Vacation? JetBlue Has Your Ticket
- 3 Travel News 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 4 Travel News Greece Bans Anyone Over 220 Pounds From Riding Santorini’s Donkeys
- 5 Travel News New Zealand’s Most Beautiful Train Ride Is Reopening in December