The Westin Warsaw
Collected by Karen Gardiner , AFAR Local Expert
Madalińskiego 10/16, 02-513 Warszawa, Poland
While visiting two friends in Warsaw I was taken to this super hip café cum bookstore cum concert venue. Despite the concert-set up when we went, there was still delicious food to be had, including different types of home made focaccia and cakes....
Hala Mirowska Antresola pawilon 41, plac Mirowski 1/41, 00-138 Warszawa, Poland
Occupying two halls constructed in 1899-1901, the old market of Hala Mirowska is one of the oldest buildings in the area, and still retains a few bullet holes from WWII. There is an open-air market in the middle of the two buildings and street...
Marszałkowska, 00-001 Warszawa, Poland
After a full day of exploring Warsaw on foot, I decided to take a moment to unwind in Saxon Gardens. To enjoy being in the moment with the locals and travelers alike, as the sun highlighted the scene. The day was then topped off with a Chopin...
Generała George’a Smitha Pattona, 00-001 Warszawa, Poland
There’s a legend about the origin of Warsaw in which a peasant named Wars is directed to the site by a mermaid named Sawa—hence the Polish name of the city, Warszawa. Today, Sawa serves as the official emblem of Warsaw, and statues of...
- 1 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 2 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 3 News and Openings 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 4 Travel News Greece Bans Anyone Over 220 Pounds From Riding Santorini’s Donkeys
- 5 Travel News New Zealand’s Most Beautiful Train Ride Is Reopening in December