The Westin Chicago North Shore
Collected by Lara Takenaga, AFAR Contributor
100 Community Blvd, Wheeling, IL 60090, USA
Spanning nearly 100 acres, Heritage Park is Wheeling’s largest park and offers plenty of activities to keep you busy during the winter. Lace up your skates and hit the outdoor ice rink, which is open for both public skating and hockey. Or, stop by...
723 N Milwaukee Ave, Wheeling, IL 60090, USA
Spears Bourbon, Burgers, and Beer stays true to its name. The recently opened Wheeling restaurant offers a variety of options to complete this trifecta. Order the grass-fed Spears burger, covered with bone marrow, cheddar, and crispy onions on a...
21950 N Riverwoods Rd, Deerfield, IL 60015, USA
The weekend before Halloween, get your kids in the spooky spirit with a candlelit hike. The guided hour-long walk goes through the Edward L. Ryerson Conservation Area, part of the Lake County Forest Preserves. Participants will stop to watch...
1000 N Milwaukee Ave, Wheeling, IL 60090, USA
If you want a workout that’s both fun and scenic, sign up for the Chevy Chase 5K in Wheeling. The annual fall race is held at the picturesque Traditions at Chevy Chase Golf Course. As you wend your way through the property, the crisp November air...
1100 Lee St, Wheeling, IL 60090, USA
The annual Fallapalooza in Wheeling celebrates autumn with a host of kid-friendly activities. Organized by the Wheeling Park District, the event takes place in the open space between London School and Husky Park. You can listen to live music, go...
- 1 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 2 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 3 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 4 Air Travel New Aviation Bill Could Mean Even Smaller Airplane Seats
- 5 Travel News Spain Just Named This Small Town Its Most Beautiful Village