The Track Less Traveled
Collected by Sarah Zapiler
Cap your trip to Machu Picchu with a pisco sour on the Orient-Express train ride back to Cuzco. After boarding this luxury train for dinner and the return journey, everyone meets in the bar car for a drink. Live music, the rocking of the train,...
Kampung Banggul Sanai, Guar Chempedak, Kedah, Malaysia
Banjar Susut, Desa Buahan, Payangan, Buahan, Payangan, Buahan, Payangan, Kabupaten Gianyar, Bali 80571, Indonesia
A Balinese death is actually a joyous occasion when the deceased reaches ascension... something the living cannot achieve. The man who passed away was a professor at a local university. He was placed in a bed of banana trunks and burned.
Taj Palace, Diplomatic Enclave Road Chanakyapuri, Sardar Patel Marg, Taj, Palace Lobby Level, New Delhi, Delhi 110021, India
Imagine a scene from Scott F. Fitzgerald’s Great Gatsby where a live jazz band serenades guests as they subliminally move to the rhythm of the music, with hors d’oeuvres in one hand and a vodka martini in the other. Expect a mirrored image of the...
Plazoleta Nazarenas 223, Cusco 08000, Peru
Like its nearby sister, the Belmond Hotel Monasterio, the Belmond Palacio Nazarenas is a hotel with ancient roots: the onetime private residence-turned-convent—and now turned hotel—has original Inca walls and colonial-era frescoes.
- 1 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 2 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 3 Travel News 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 4 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 5 Travel News Spain Just Named This Small Town Its Most Beautiful Village