Collected by Jeryl Brunner , AFAR Contributor
Riksveg 601 80, 5746 Undredal, Norway
Take a guided tour and learn the rich history of Undredal, a tiny village north of Flåm, where human inhabitants are outnumbered by goats. Don't miss the charming stave church, which dates back to the 12th century. Set along the Aurlandsfjord, the...
Kong Beles veg 41, 6898 Balestrand, Norway
Keep an eye out for Balestrand, a town on the northern shore of the Sognefjord that seems to harken back to another era. A gem on the waterfront is the historic Kviknes Hotel. Owned since 1877 by four generations of the Kvikne family, it’s one of...
- 1 Travel Tips Surprising Countries Where U.S. Citizens Need an Advance Visa
- 2 National Parks 11 Crowd-Free National Parks You Should Visit Instead
- 3 Where to Go in Spring Places Where Your U.S. Dollar Will Go Far in Spring
- 4 Travel Tips The World’s Coolest Travel Jobs—and How to Get Them
- 5 Air Travel Emirates Has $799 Flights for Two This Valentine’s Day—but You’ll Have to Act Fast