Collected by Jeryl Brunner , AFAR Contributor
Riksveg 601 80, 5746 Undredal, Norway
Take a guided tour and learn the rich history of Undredal, a tiny village north of Flåm, where human inhabitants are outnumbered by goats. Don't miss the charming stave church, which dates back to the 12th century. Set along the Aurlandsfjord, the...
Kong Beles veg 41, 6898 Balestrand, Norway
Keep an eye out for Balestrand, a town on the northern shore of the Sognefjord that seems to harken back to another era. A gem on the waterfront is the historic Kviknes Hotel. Owned since 1877 by four generations of the Kvikne family, it’s one of...
- 1 Air Travel French Bee Just Made It Much Cheaper to Fly to Paris From New York
- 2 Travel News Anthony Bourdain’s Possessions Will Be Auctioned to Fund New Study Abroad Scholarship
- 3 Travel News Plan Your Fall Getaway With This Peak Foliage Prediction Map
- 4 Books 15 Amazing Books That Inspire Us to Travel
- 5 Where to Go in Fall The Largest Monet Exhibition in 20 Years Is Now Open at 1 U.S. Museum