The Grand Budapest Hôtel
Collected by Valerie Törnblom
Budapest, Vámház krt. 1-3, 1093 Hungary
The Great Market Hall in Budapest should be any visitors first stop in order to get acquainted to the people, goods and grub of Hungary. The market is one of those strange places that caters to both locals and tourists alike without losing its...
Budapest, Állatkerti krt. 9-11, 1146 Hungary
It's an unforgettable experience: Getting up at the crack of dawn in mid-winter, walking through the large municipal park on the Pest side of town, checking in to the Széchenyi Thermal Bath (mostly with Hungarian pensioners because tourists...
Budapest, Szent György tér 2, 1014 Hungary
This stunning 18th-century Baroque palace, a World Heritage Site perched on Castle Hill, evokes images of Hungarian kings and the mighty Hapsburg empire. Accessible via funicular or a steep walk, the castle's gardens, squares, and lavish interiors...
Budapest, Széchenyi István tér 5, 1051 Hungary
It’s hard to say what’s most appealing about the ultraluxurious Four Seasons Gresham Palace, a stately Art Nouveau hotel on the banks of the Danube. Perhaps it’s the central location, on the Pest side of the iconic Chain Bridge,...
- 1 Winter Sports This Winter Will Be Warmer Than Average in the United States, Experts Say
- 2 Travel News The Brightest Meteor Shower of the Year Is Happening This Week
- 3 Art + Culture 9 Things That Are Surprisingly Offensive in Asia
- 4 Travel News What Travelers Need to Know About the Paris Riots
- 5 Travel News There’s a Huge Sale on the Most Scenic U.S. Train Routes Right Now