The day of the dead
Collected by Adriana Yampey , AFAR Local Expert
1000 Oak St, Oakland, CA 94607, USA
With art, history, and the natural sciences all under one roof, the Oakland Museum has been working to address the many facets of life in California since it opened its doors more than 40 years ago. After undergoing a recent renovation and...
L St & 18th Street, Sacramento, CA 95811, USA
Zanzibar is a place I enjoy returning to whenever I am in the area. Located on a trendy strip of Midtown Sacramento, next to wine bars and upscale restaurants, this quirky shop sells fair-trade products from around the world. Despite its global...
Plaza San Jacinto 11, San Ángel TNT, San Ángel, Álvaro Obregón, 01000 Ciudad de México, CDMX, Mexico
Once a separate municipality, San Ángel—in the city’s south, nestled into its western foothills—is a leafy, genteel enclave whose relative isolation adds a soigné feel (for better or worse) you won’t find in...
Sockenvägen, 122 33 Stockholm, Sweden
On All Saints’ Day (Helgons dag), people come out in full force with thousands of candles, flowers, and other mementos in hand to pay respect to departed loved ones and honor the dead at Skogskyrkogården (“Woodland Cemetary”), one of Stockholm's...
- 1 Travel News When Will We Be Able to Travel to Europe?
- 2 Expat Life These Countries Just Made It Easier for Americans to Move and Work Abroad
- 3 Travel News Where Can Americans Travel Right Now?
- 4 Air Travel Should Fliers Wear Goggles and Face Shields on a Plane?
- 5 Travel News Cancun, Los Cabos Reopen to Tourists in June