The coolest trail to tavern trips
Collected by Judith Harmony
Dipsea Trail, Mill Valley, CA 94941, USA
Beginning in Mill Valley, the 7-mile-long Dipsea Trail runs up and over Mount Tamalapais, with more than 2,300 feet of steep, often slippery, uphills and downhills. (This is also where the Dipsea Race unfolds, the oldest trail race in America.)...
Isla del Sol, Bolivia
According to Inca lore, Isla del Sol is the birthplace of their revered Sun God. Its trail known as Willa Thaki or “the Sacred Route of the Eternal Sun,” passes up some suitably ancient scenery, including pre-Columbian ruins, sandstone formations,...
PRESA GAITANEJO, S/N, 29550, Málaga, Spain
Here’s one surefire way to get your adrenaline pumping: set out on this five-mile trek along boardwalks perched on the edge of stone cliffs more than 300 feet above the Rio Guadalhorce. These wooden boardwalks, which had become notorious for their...
石澳Dragon's Back, Shek O, Hong Kong
It doesn’t take long to trade the concrete jungle of central Hong Kong for its lush peaks and sandy shores, notably by catching a bus or taxi ride to Shek O Country Park. This undulating 5.2-mile-long hike along Dragon’s Back ridge stretches...
23247, Vinjerac, Croatia
Nestled between the Adriatic Sea and the Dinaric Mountains, the isolated Croatian village of Vinjerac lies asleep, haunted by the ghostly few who live there and the destruction inflicted by World War II. The coastline remains scarred from the...
- 1Travel TipsHow to Plan the Perfect Group Trip (Without the Stress)
- 2Travel NewsAustria’s New James Bond Museum Is a Spectacular Secret Lair High in the Alps
- 3Travel NewsHow to Glamp Under the Midnight Sun in Norway This Summer
- 4Travel NewsYosemite’s Giant Sequoia Grove Reopens After Nearly Three Years
- 5TechThe Future of the Great American Road Trip Is Electric