Collected by Michaela Trimble , AFAR Ambassador
San Ignacio, Belize
Rolson’s Hotel and Restaurant is high on a hill, overlooking the town of San Ignacio, not too far from the ruins of Cahal Pech. The restaurant’s tables are mostly outdoors, and the view provides a wonderful backdrop to meals that showcase the best...
Junín 1760, C1113 CABA, Argentina
La Recoleta Cemetery is one of the most visited cemeteries in Latin America, mainly because Evita Peron is buried there, among other notable figures. The cemetery is built around a convent and a church, Our Lady of Pilar (Iglesia de Nuestra...
A jewel of an Art Deco building that's considered a minor landmark on Buenos Aires' architectural landscape, Moreno Hotel is one of the best value sleeps in the city. You get history here, and style - there are 39 stylish suites, outfitted with...
San Cristóbal, Buenos Aires, Argentina
To get a real feel for the Tango culture in Buenos Aires then you must go to a Milonga (Tango club). As I walked into Sueno Porteno Milonga I felt as if I had walked back into a cheesy disco in the 70's. But instead of the BeeGees, the speakers...
- 1 Air Travel Another U.S. Airport Now Allows Non-Ticketed Visitors Through Security
- 2 Travel News This Bistro Was Just Voted the Best New Restaurant in the United States
- 3 Travel News Tour Guides Will Soon Be Restricted at Two Popular NYC Sites
- 4 Travel Tips Temples, Tipping, and Train Rides: A Guide to Japan for First-Timers
- 5 Where to Go in Spring 10 Best Places to Travel in May