The Bilbo Life
Collected by Katie
Reimers Ave, Kingsland, Auckland 1024, New Zealand
126 Broadway, Matamata 3400, New Zealand
Welcome to Middle Earth in the South Pacific, and an ideal stop for traveling fans of the author J.R.R. Tolkien and the Lord of the Rings and Hobbit movie trilogies. Near the rural town of Matamata—itself a destination for its LOTR-inspired...
39 Waitomo Caves Rd, Waitomo 3977, New Zealand
Arachnocampa luminosa is a glowworm—technically, a species of fungus gnat—that is unique to New Zealand. Although they’re found throughout the country, the premier place for viewing them is at the Waitomo Glowworm Caves, located two hours west of...
35 Shotover St, Queenstown 9300, New Zealand
We took a day trip to Milford Sound from Queenstown using Kiwi Discovery. Milford is only about 50 miles west of Queenstown but there are no passable roads in that direction, thus a very roundabout route is required and the entire trip from pickup...
Mitre Peak, Southland 9679, New Zealand
Take a look at this mountain about halfway up the sound, on its southern side, and it won't take long to figure out the source of its name. The much-photographed 1,692-meter-high (5,551-foot-high) peak resembles a bishop's headdress. With its...
- 1 Hiking + Cycling 6 Dream Hikes in the United States (and How to Score the Permits)
- 2 Travel for Good Here’s What You Need to Know About Getting Tickets to See “Hamilton” in Puerto Rico
- 3 Natural Wonders The Best Hot Springs in the United States
- 4 Gear The Best Luggage for 2019
- 5 Where to Go Next Where to Travel in 2019 According to Your Astrological Sign